View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Contributor

Got a little time today to get some work done today between my morning classes and my night class. Normally I go in for acupuncture for my back in between classes, but the doc had to reschedule. So that left me a good four hour window to play. I went ahead and made the main supports that the mid shaft pillow blocks will bolt to. Luckily, I had the right size of square tubing in my scrap pile. Right now the supports are just sitting in a general position. After a little more measuring, I will find their correct locations then tack them into place. One thing though, I am definitely going to look into a tubing notcher. I am tired of fish mouthing tubing with a grinder.

On a side note, I was digging through one of my sheds yesterday and found that I already have the 944 CVs. They are used, and I believe that they were showing too much wear for me to put in my Baja. However, they are good enough to at least get me running in my build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mid axle 3.jpg (97.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Mid axle 4.jpg (98.1 KB, 31 views)

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.