View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Contributor

Okay, now I am stuck and my brain is hurting. The CV system is moving along, but at a slow pace. Last week I took the Joyner stub axle and a VW CV cup over to by dad's and it looks like my idea will work. However, it needs a good centering jig to align them for welding. Since my lathe is too small, he is making the jig for me and I will weld it up at his house. The inner CV cups will be a lot easier and I can do them on my lathe, so I am just waiting on my dad to go much further there.

However, my project may be taking a major turn. My original plan was to mate the Joyner suspension to the Yerf drivers tub. The reason for my thinking was that I want a mini buggy. The Joyner as it sits is really not that much smaller then a VW buggy. However, I want something that can go down most dirt bike / quad trails. Because of the wheels that I got the width of the track is only 3" more then my HH 150, but the whole buggy is a lot longer. If I were to shorten the Joyner driver's tub by 10", It would have the same wheelbase as the Yerf.

So now I'm not really sure which direction I want to take. I could move the registration from the Yerf to the Joyner, then fix up the Yerf and sell it for build funds, or keep going down my original path. I believe that it would be easier to mod the Joyner frame then to do the swap, but I am just kind of stuck. I had planned this build to be something totally different, but different is not always the best.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.