View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
So now I am finally starting on my build, it will be slow going because the new semester is starting (I am an Instructor) and when you have a couple of acres, there’s always work to be done. The reason that I am choosing a different name is because I will be building it from three different vehicles. The three candidates are a Yerfdog for the driver’s tub. A Joyner Sand Spider 650 for the suspension and a Polaris Trail Boss for the engine and transmission.

When I went on the 2 hour drive to pick up the Joyner, my wife labeled it the heap. In truth it was a heap but one that I have ended up a winner on so the laugh is on her (she still calls it the heap). I didn’t want a buggy that big, if I did I would go VW based, but I knew that I couldn’t go wrong for the price. So far I have netted from EBay $700 to go into my build fund and I still have the transmission and other parts to list.

So I digress, The Joyner has an A-Arm suspension front and rear with about 9” of travel on both ends. My plans are to graft this suspension to the Yerf main tub and then use the Polaris Trail Boss 250 engine and trans to power the beast .

I have been doing work on the Joyner to get the suspension ready. My next step will be to take the engine and part of the frame from the Polaris and see how I will start to mate it. But first I need to take the Polaris to the DMV and get it licensed. That is about the only way I will be able to get this thing licensed in this LEFTY state of CA. Don’t tell Johnny Law.

Here are some pictures of what I am starting with, just to whet your appetite. Don’t mind the Flintstone Poplar rear shocks .

Are those Yellowwood shocks on the back of that joyner?