View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Contributor

It is actually the lower arm where I start running into clearance issues and it is at full droop when it will occur. All of the mechanical parts clear nicely, even if I were to drop the arms down to maximum CV angularity. However, the tight spot is between the inner, passenger side CV boot and a brace on the lower arm. I won't know for sure how close this space will be until I get some different CVs. My current CVs are fine for mocking up purposes, but there is so much pitting on the inner star, that they do not track right. If it looks to be too close, I could heat up the brace and put a dimple in it, or cut it out and move it about 1/2".

Yeah, I decided to go with the Joyner tub, but I may have to shorten it. I have two car trailers that I built. One is a single axle and the other is a double axle. The double axle trailer was built to haul my Baja bug and my dirt bikes. So my goal is to be able to haul both of my buggies and my dirt bikes at the same time. I can gain about a foot if I bob of the winch mount from the front of the Joyner. Then If I need more room, I will look at shortening the tub itself. I don't think my wife would be too happy about me building a third trailer, and I would really hate to have to extend my current one.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.