View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Contributor

Got the front engine mounts made, so the whole engine / trans assembly is in the buggy. However, the back end is held up with rope. Still need to make the back mounts/adjusters to hold it in place and tighten the chain. Will have to make a little sub frame first. Picked up a 10' length of tubing yesterday to make it and replace a missing part of the frame. I will be trying out my Harbor Freight tubing notcher for these parts. I have never used it, but I did do some tuning on it as described in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty915Z0GrJo

Also am really stoked. Went to the swap meet this morning an picked up a Milwaukee Bi-Metal 10piece hole saw set for $25, and only one cutter was slightly used. Really excited to try it out. Have been cutting fish mouths for years with a grinder and would like to see how the notcher works. I'll try and throw up some pics later.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.