View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Contributor

Make sure the ground wire has a good conection at the engine case and the electrical box. Also while someone cranks the motor lightly wiggle the carb to see if the intake boot may have a leak. My dune 150 we picked up for 400 bucks had two problems a bad intake boot that had me trying the good carb off my wifes buggy with same results, until I got it running and it would die with any throttle. I got it to run a bit with a choppy idle and for some reason I wiggled the carb and it ran better. The intake was cracked and you could not see it. Replaced the intake and it ran better but you had to punch the gas to get it to go.

It wasn't until I removed the head to port it I found when putting the valves back in that the intake valve was bent from the previous owner, because I would never over rev the engine. Maybe just one time, but after putting new valves in it runs like a champ.

I wish you had another buggy to test with, that is how I fix most our problems by having two alike buggys and lots of spare parts. Does any body in you neighborhood have a gy6 150cc atv scooter or buggy you can try a starter or carb?