View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Lite Contributor

Mississippi's Castle law is the only thing that makes me proud to be from Mississippi. The Castle law states that one has no "duty to retreat" in their own home. The old saying went something like "if you shoot them outside of your house when they are trying to kill you, draggem back inside". If I am in my living room and an unwanted lead magnet enters, I can kill him without having to run away to the farthest recesses of my home, and only when I am cornered, may I shoot. If you are at home, or your place of business and a subject who has no legal right to be there, and you feel threatened, you may act accordingly. But my favorite subparagraph of Mississippi's Castle law is that if a person has to kill or wound another in defense of their home or property, then the subject shot or his family have absolutely no right to sue for whatever doodoo bags sue for when they get what they have coming. You know, wrongful death, pain and suffering, you know, just like what all the crackheads in California get to sue for when they are waiting out their sentence for breaking into the house they got shot in just to get out and spend the homeowner's money.