View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Lite Contributor

I've been shooting since childhood, 4 years college smallbore rifle team, Commanding Officer of an Army Marksmanship Unit in Germany for a couple of years, NRA Small Arms Instructor, taught firearms marksmanship and safety to 4-H youth in three different counties in Texas for 19 years and conducted the state 4-H Rifle Contest during several of those years. I gathered quite a collection of modern rifles and pistols through those early years, then got disenchanted with guns after a hunting incident shortly after leaving Army active duty. Disposed of all my guns, but after a few years of squirrels and rabbits eating our home grown fruits and veggies, I was able to get over it and got an Ithaca 20 gauge pump, then a Winchester .22 semi auto rifle for such armed conflict. It has grown to include a Kimber .45 1911, Taurus .38 Special revolver for my wife, a couple of derringers - one .22 and one .22 Mag, S&W .22 semi auto, Springfield XDM in 9mm, Springfield M1A in .308, Stag AR-15 in .223, and an oooold .410 single shot I inherited from my Father, and an old Crossman pellet gun I gave my little brother when I went into the Army. I still like to shoot as often as I can as a member of a local gun club and plan on a couple more sidearms.