View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Lite Contributor

Hey thanks Nick...
Yea Furball I agree totally. BTW nice to see someone else with this buggy-I have modded it pretty good so far-PM me with some info swapping if you like.
Anyway I do agree-the chain is absolute sh!t and I am not real keen on the brakes either-I changed the wheels out with http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...D1-Alloy-Wheel
some STI alloys...and Carlisle Turf Masters all the way around...as for the motor...yea it was pretty sluggish. So far I added a UNI w/125 main/38 pilot jets, Pipe, No rev CDI(added A LOT of take off power), orange coil w/NGK cable and plug, 10g rollers in stock variator, stock clutch with 2000rpm springs installed/2000rpm main spring.
It definitely needs different internal gearing(13/43??)maybe...def a BBK. I have an A-10 cam(had success in the past with it), a 30mm billet manifold, oil breather, and the gears waiting to go in...
And of course, I broke the chain deep in the trails over the winter-so I went to Tractor Supply and grabbed 10ft of #530 and was all good. The stock chain would skip and pop and stretch like crazy from day one.
What do you think of the suspension? The rear shocks aren't bad, but while they look cool, the fronts are a lil rough. Pricey as they are, I am looking into some Fox Floats-as I love the front end design of this buggy and that is exactly what sold me on it.
I think I am just going to send my motor to Tom Syc and have him do what he seems to be able to do best-get as much power out of these little motors as possible. From what I have read, and in the few emails I have spoken to him through, I think that is the best idea. I can do bolt-in BBKs, but am not comfortable with machining my cases. I'll leave that to the pros.
Bottom line is: this motor is weak from the factory-it needs some work. So far so good but I need some more out of her.
Post some pix of your buggy if you can please..I'd love to see the red one-I think these buggies are really cool looking as opposed to the host of others I've owned. From Carter 150's to the GTR to Yerf's to a GK-03...I think the ATK 150 is one of the better looking buggies. Need to add go to the show.
UNI w/custom intake, 125 main/38 pilot, tuned pipe, 9000rpm CDI w/**** adapter, 10g rollers, stock clutch w/2000rpm clutch springs, 2000rpm engagement spring, Orange Hi perf coil w/NGK cable, STI HD1 wheels with Carlisle Turf Master tires, NHL puck shifter knob, aftermarket steering wheel, (roll cage in process of modifications)