View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Welcome back to the addition!! Glad to hear you go something again to play around with.
Thanks! I was actually tooling around last night after posting and read your writeup about the buggy you made. Watched your vids. Awesome stuff. When I was a teen, my friends and I made a dangerous reverse-trike-of-death w/the backend of a motorcycle and front end of a kids go-kart. I'd forgotten all about till I watched the vids. I can only hope it got destroyed years ago w/no one killed on it... but it was a joy to weld together go through the woods with. It was so unstable we had 'training wheels' (we called them 'stabilizers'... but they *were* training wheels) welded to the back corners.

Seeing a more mature fell'a w/a sense of self-preservation and family makes me realize how awful it really was but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Being older and having kids now makes me realize I should pay attention to what crappy things my kids intend to weld together, stick a motor in, and go barreling around in.

I'll have to see if I can find some pictures of it. They're pre-digital camera so I'm sure they're stuck in a box somewhere...