View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Lurker

Default Hello From The Pacific Northwest

Hi,
My name is Dennis.
I'm a retired R&D Equipment Designer who now just tinkers in my shop on different projects.
I just joined tonight and am looking for information about a kids kart I just bought from a couple here in Washington state.
It is 8-9 years old and called a BMX.
I believe it is a 150 cc automatic with reverse.

Can't find any information so far on the net about it and with the Brand name of BMX it's even harder because of all the bike sites!

I am trying to find out who might have made it and where I could get some help on finding any manuals or parts lists and few parts such as a mechanical rear brake caliper.

Eventually I would like to look into converting to a hydraulic system to include installing front rotors and calipers.

Im going to attach a couple of photos of the kart and if any of you folks with knowledge about this setup would like to advise I would appreciate it.

Haven't started it up yet will put in new gas tomorrow and get a battery in it and see what happens.

Well Just an update on my efforts.

Clean fuel took the carb apart and blew it out put it all back together and all is good!

Now if I could only figure out what this rig had for a mechanical disk brake caliper we would be rolling. (OR actually Stopping)!

Regards,
Dennis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMX-Brand-Kart-Overall-View.jpg (95.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg BMX-Brand-Kart-Missing-Brakes.jpg (83.5 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by dwstewart; 07-15-2016 at 04:06 PM.