Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
Becareful buying from that guy. I got same kit. First off, package got lost. Then finally got it, and was dmged. Package was smashed, and must have been sitting outside. But major water dmg. The cam and was rusted. And bought a crank from him at same time. Was rusted also. Took about 2 weeks before got replacement. Then when got the cam, the outside bearing was bad, out of the package. The first cam only had minor surface rust on outside edge, so cleaned it up, and used the first one. (didn't put in the crank) Waiting on that. But got everything together. And put in the new spark plug. Tried to fire it up. Wouldn't start. Was frustrated. Started going threw and figure out what was wrong. Didn't know if timing was off. I was getting gas in the chamber. Checked the spark plug. About 2 weeks, trying to figure out, what was going on. Then tried to shoot starter fluid in carb. I got a hickup out of it. OK, but I know I'm getting gas in it. So buy chance double checked the spark plug. Was getting fire, but did look weak. So found my old spark plug, noticed it had a much better spark when I checked it. Put the old spark plug in.. Fired right up on first crank. OHHHHHH I was so POed. So I was sent a bad cam, and a bad spark plug. So I would check over your items very good before even installing. If something wrong, take pics, and get in touch with him right away. He does like replacing items. Just a FYI.
That sucks that you had so much trouble buying from them. I have bought quite a few odds and ends and never had an issue with any of their stuff. Shipping was always pretty quick.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust