Thread: YERF 250 swap
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post
Also wanted to say...

WOW SHOWROOM LOOKS GREAT

and appx. what is the percentage you mark up the buggies you received? how did you get wholesale and where on earth do you go to find wholesale anything?

well without giving away to much because there are other people on here that are business men, some of them who make a living in buggies, i'll give the short, get the jist version. alot of people are protective of their sources so i will keep mine to myself in case they are the same. but here is how to get wholesale, which aint cheap.
my plan was this, i had some parts sources that if i spent enough in quantity they didnt care if who i was as long as i bought alot and spent money. that helped but my selection was limited. i was already set up w/ joyner and asw for parts, but again i had to be a legit business. i already had an LLC set up for the building i own(my shop) and rent out the spare bays so to set up w/ them i did a DBA through the LLC. when it came time to decide to make the leap of dealing whole buggy units, i talked w/ my wife and w/ my father whom is my business partner in our other business and told them what i thought the next step was and what would be involved. my wife for personal reasons and my dad for business reasons. i began by calling companies and starting a re pore w/ them so they knew who i was and then saw my lawyer and incorporated.
the wife and i went to orlando to the AIMexpo and met face to face w/ alot of the people i had spoken to along w/ other industry companies for contacts and dealership status. so what does it take? i'll use Hammerhead for example, there is a minimum 1st order of 6 buggies, you have to have a brick and mortar shop , meaning no internet sales or working out of the house. they want a real business location. so it actually costs alot of money to buy wholesale. as far as mark up. i have no interest to compete w/ buggy dropshippers. i can do it w/ trailmaster (not hammerhead), but if a custy pulls the i saw a trailmaster cheaper on the internet, i explain to them that i have rent and utilities to pay, there is shipping on each unit and 1 1/2 - 2 hrs assembly per unit (prep). so that all gets factored in the cost, but when it breaks down you'll get my full support, and thats where the extra money comes in. i take care of my customers which is why this thing keeps growing. there are a # of requirements from companies to be a wholesaler, some want pics of the facility and the sign along w/ all the proper documentation. i hope this answers some of it for you fox.........................my god i hi-jacked my own thread!
kills time til the tub comes back!

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX