View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Don't sell those seats short. With the correct equipment, they are quite advantageous. For casual riding, yes they can be harsh. but with a 5 point belt system they serve as a "cup" that's holds you in position. Without the belts you bounce, slide and get slammed around using a lot of energy just to stay in the seat.
Place a coin on a board, then tap the board, the coin bounces. That coin is your butt! Tap that board enough the coin will bounce off. Hold that coin down with a rubber band it moves with the board. Your butt hurts cause your slamming down in the seat . Your back hurts cause the slamming gets transferred to your spine and your straining back muscles to hold you in place. Your neck hurts because the weight of the helmet tosses your head around. Your beating yourself up trying to counteract the motions of the buggy. With a 5 point system you can relax and let the suspension do all the work. Using a neck collar to support your helmet takes the strain off the neck.
Contact cement some close cell foam pads in the key pressure points, butt bone , base of spine, hip bones, etc. and a seat cover like the Jegs version, you can customize a excellent form fitting seat that's comfortable to ride all day.
pretty well explained ckau, but even with a good seat belt we all know how bad the stock suspension is on the yerf, matched with those seats just makes a very poor ride in stock form. When I jump into my hammerhead the ride quality is night and day. I even had the bdx shocks all the way around on the yerf. Even with that the stock suspension and stock seat in the hammerhead was just a way more enjoyable ride. Ive owned 2 spider boxes now, and with the amount of $ needed to put into them just for ride quality , trail riding, just adds up way to fast for me compared to the other buggies out there just my 2 cents.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 10-25-2015 at 06:53 PM.