Thread: YERF 250 swap
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

i agree one large tank would be easier....
reason 1 is he wants as much luggage rack space as he can get.
i ended up w/ the 2 tank deal on my 400, not for storage space but by the time i mounted the radiator and routed the pipe i really had no space for a tank at all w/out making the thing look cluttered or mounting it so high that it would be top heavy. i knew to make it worth while to be able to stay out for the better part of the day fuel wise , i needed at least 8 gallons. the only way to fit 8 gallons anywhere on there was to split it up and mount 1, 4 gallon cell on each side of the seat. so sometimes to get max fuel capacity to fit in a minimum amount of space is to split it up.
#2 he subscribes to the reasoning that if he runs one tank empty that the other one should get him back to wherever he started, for this reason i am going to have a separate petcock on each tank and a main shutoff in the middle.
#3 cost effectiveness. to order him a tank like that or even a poly would add money to the budget. i have a bunch of tanks from scrapped buggys and other builds so if i can utilize whats laying around the shop into the build i can save customers money when it comes to figuring out the cost factors and the money it will take for the parts i need to order or not.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Last edited by JERSEYDEVIL; 01-03-2016 at 04:45 PM.