Thread: Hatchet Job
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Power User

It's more fun than my 434cc beast! LOL At least in my backyard anyway. 150 can handle the 23" tires out back with no issues, turning radius is excellent. Center of gravity feel is so much lower than mine it isn't funny. with the tall tires i have yet to find top speed with it, it's still pulling when we run out of room looping the house. I want to say 35mph is no problem at all and it may be close to 40 topped out. Pedal position makes it a little knees up tight even for my daughter, there's room to move things up front, but that will wait til the winter at least.

Race report on the lil miss. 3 buggies, all 12 year old pilots at the wheel. Round one was against the HH mid size mud bug, the girl at the wheel was able to keep it floored all the way around, but kathryn caught her at the line by a half a buggy and took the win. Round two she took out a boy in a larger buggy with an old 200cc sled engine and cvt setup, short tires, drifting corners and spinning them cost him the win. that style of riding is popular, but don't work. round three double elimination agains the green one again saw her shoot her foot over the gas pedal after launch, came back hard but put it slightly on two wheels in the corner never lifted, pegged a barrel and lost that one. Round 2 same girl same muffed launch "technique" and lost it by a nose. took second and was happy with it as was I for not backing off one bit in both runs after losing a lot of ground at the start.

One of these is not like the other ;~)