View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM

First, I hope you know the turning radius is going to suffer with that frame extension. I'm not up on how the Tao Tao buggies handle in stock form, but most of them with the swingarm/live axle set up don't have the beat turning radius. Also, be sure to brace up the extension and weld them really well.

Second, I like seeing other people using smaller quad engines for transplants. I am using an atc 200s engine for mine, and mulling over the final gear ratios to avoid clutch issues. I am not extending the swingarm, however, seeing as the spiderbox's already had abysmal handling from the factory. Mine won't have reverse either, but the buggy didn't have originally, so its not like I'm taking anything away, except the electric start of course, but if Honda's name holds true, pull starting it won't be an issue.

I do have one question. Will the hi/lo option allow for a low enough ratio to keep the cent clutch from slipping with the added weight of the buggy and rider(s)? Myself and others are opting for jackshafts to keep the chain aligned without hitting the shifter shaft, and allow for low final drive ratios without using a big axle sprocket and losing ground clearance.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and would like to see this thing in action soon, and of course all the progress in the mean time.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'