View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Contributor

My entry into the contest is my daughters Yerf Dog tire upgrade. None of these parts were a direct order to fit for this application so I hope it qualifies for the contest.

Ok... the problem was, Her buggy needed tires anyway & we ride predominantly in the deep sand. Her Yerf didn't turn worth a hoot to begin with, and was constantly dragging the bottom over deep ruts and rough terrain. I wanted to install taller more aggressive tires, but there are literally zero options for tires when dealing with the stock 6" wheels.

My solution was, to upgrade her buggy to 8" wheels so my tire options would increase. In order to do that I needed to swap over to a 4on4 front hub that would bolt up to the 8" wheels, and then upgraded to a set of tall 20x7x8 Duro Thrasher front tires.

I ended up ordering the tires, wheels & hubs from 3 different suppliers to make this all come together, but we couldn't be happier with the end result.

A quick comparison pic of the new front tire & wheel combo against the stock set up.

And here is the end result, again we couldn't be happier and I would recommend this mod to all.

Withe wheels turned as tight as they will go the left side has several inches of clearence and the right side just clears by about and 1/8 inch. I may just add a tiny spacer behind the hub and to gain a little more clearance, but as of now it doesn't seem to rub.

Last edited by Rarerat; 05-19-2010 at 03:14 PM.