View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Lurker

I already had it hooked up like that. The wire was not there so I used a paper clip temporary just to make sure it would crank. I think there is a problem in another area. Basically when you give the thing gas, the throttle cable moves (I'm talking about where it comes from the cable and attaches to the side of the motor in the pics I took below th go kart) and all that but the piece you are pointing to in your pic does not move at all. Let's start from here so I can try and help you understand what I mean. I had mine hooked up jusrt as you are referring to. Then I had my son give it some gas (Not cranked) and the spring (2nd pic I have posted) to the left of the empty screw hole stretches but should the governor arm Move at this point? Because it does not. Basically the way it is now the throttle plate will not move when you hit the gas peddle. I think something is hooked up wrong underneath the carb (see pics 2, 3, 4,5) in the3 other part of the linkage not right there at the throttle plate. Hope this makes sense. I have looked everywhere on the net for a pic of a similar linkage system. I see in your first pic how the throttle plate is hooked to the governor arm. Mine was hooked up the same way. I also see that the spring on the right in the pic seems to run down and hjook to the governor arm and mine does as well but everything to the right of the spring and the spring itself move but the governor arm does nothing. Thanks for your patience.