View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Administrator

The news section is just informational for site-based information which is why there is no replying in there. Thank you for your understanding. It is very difficult to moderate what is best for the site, members, and the vendors as well without offending someone. Expecially when I am the type to believe in freedom of speech.

I'll say this again, links are fine provided you are not constantly promoting a vendor who shows absolutely no support of this website. Use your better judgement. If I feel a post to be damaging to the well being of the site, I will make adjustments as necessary to protect the well being of the members and this site.

For example, someone posted a link to a company in CA that is selling brand new Carter GTR's for $3k shipped! Quite beneficial to the members if you ask me. Does that company support our site? No. Have they ever posted here? No. But that is one hell of a deal and very beneficial to the members here and that is my number one concern.

On the other hand, there was another link to a vendor that not only sells parts in direct competition to our vendors, but they also have their own forum where they specifically state that links to other forums is not allowed. Am I going to allow that? Probably not.

BuggyNews however is something that is no longer in the censorship list. They were at one time while our membership level was being built up however they don't restrict mention of us, so we don't restrict mention of them. As well, there is a wealth of information over there which again...is beneficial to our members... so a link to one of their posts is welcomed as a link from them back to us is welcomed over there as well.

Things are tough right now financially for buggy parts providers. I do NOT sell parts and have no conflict of interest in that regard. Ultimately, the "one big happy buggy family" will do good for everyone involved and that is where we are heading. The only thing I will put in front of that philosophy is the well being of the members here and the existence of this site is very much part of that mix.

Feel free to post as you see fit. Just use common sense. If there is a problem (which rarely happens) I will let you know.