Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

The spindles, plus the hubs and calipers are part of a brake conversion kit offered by BD. The BD spindles are modeled after my early upgrades. They have always worked well for me so I stick with them. These days I take advantage when someone else does the homework and fabrication.
I had originaly planned on shock mounts with adjustability but there just wasn't the room. I have messed so much with the 3206 front end in the past I had a good idea of placement so I used a fixed mount. After fabbing 3 different variations of upper mounts to try I discover the original lower mount I cut from the a-arm worked perfect!
Ain't that the way it works?

Those shocks? I got no clue what they are. Some china thing I found on E-bay. They fit into my criteria of length, travel, adjustability, guesstimated spring rate and the ability to experiment with gas pressure. plus they are cheap enough so I'm not out much if I trash one up while fiddleing with them. I figure I'll probably blow the seals while trying to dial them in. My plan is to use them to find a setting then use the numbers to have a good custom set made up. Who knows, they may hold up great and work well but with my luck? probably not!