View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Contributor

In 2001 I competed with a Pedersoli (Very close to a Uberti) 1874 Sharps and open sights to 500 meters in the A class. I finished 9th over all, beating out about 30 other much more expensive guns. You just need to have the triggers worked on to get the 4-5oz pull for compitition. Uberti's are great guns!

I believe the .308 is a really great round, easy to reload and not as expensive as lesser bullets. It will stop anything up to a Geo!

I always wanted to shot an AK that was fully auto, just once I did shoot an MP5-9mm that was fully auto... Only the first round was on target, the rest went into orbit I think.

I got into reloading when I started with the Black Powder and just purchased a Lee starter reloading kit for $95.00. Now the addiction is fully apparent! 4 reloaders, power scales, measurers, drop tubes, dozens of dies and enough powder that I wonder if the fire department would even respond to a house fire. It is a lot of fun to reload about 100 rounds, then it quickly turns to work!