View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Lurker

Default Brand new buggy addict with no background! ! Lol

Hey what's up! Y'all can call me chaos. I'm from NC. I didn't grow up on atv dirt bikes or other wise. I'm a technician in a cotton mill. I'm 36 yrs old. Two kids 8 (girl) 4 (boy). Divorced yyaaayy! . I have no background mechanically. My step dad passed away about 3 years ago leaving behind an ace striker 150cc buggy that he traded his 73 soft tail classic for for my daughter's bday one year. It has been sitting for about 3 years. I started messing around with it the weekend of my bday this year in June. Tore apart the carb cleaned it. Removed the gas tank cleaned it out. Got it back running. About a month ago got a set of maxxis tires from a friend who just bought a Polaris four wheeler and took the wheels and tires off the day he got it so they were barely used. A few weeks ago ordered a performance unrestricted cdi performance ignition coil (both no name brand to my knowledge) and a triple conductor spark plug. I learned the hard way that I had a dc buggy lol. I've removed the air box built a semi descent air intake so I think at least. To say the least it's become an addiction I've installed yellow led lights under it. I've had a friend at work weld all the rusted frame spots in the rear swing arm. I've adjusted the valve clearance which made a huge difference. Just received my new dc cdi yesterday have installed it today. And I'm really really hoping to get allot more accomplished in my new buggy addiction with the help of hopefully a great community of people who know allot more than I do lol. Anyone have any questions for me or tips etc etc etc I'd love to get into the learning asap thanks in advance!