View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 11:23 AM

Was able to spend some time on the dazon yesterday, let me just say pushing this thing around its a tank/pig!!! its very heavy for a single seater if you ask me. With that though, this buggy is built very high quality wise. Tom I see what your talking about with running the wires threw the tubing this buggy already has that, gives it a super clean look, but just have to worry about the tubing rusting inside out. I have only checked over maybe 40 percent of the buggy, and have already cleaned up a lot, but there's still a ton to do! I don't know if I want to keep it yet or flip it for a sale. Theres a ton more to do and go over. Here's what I was able to get done/ go threw yesterday.

1. The seat wasn't even bolted down, the stock studs for the seat had to be cut off and I put new bolts in to bolt it down. Wd-40 the hell out of the seat tracks as they where stuck.

2. Took off the entire cargo rack. Its very heavy, and to bulky for my liking, I have some ideas in my head to lighten it up a little and clean it up.

3. The stock intake assembly completely removed, they are very restrictive.

4. As I was sitting in it I noticed the steering wheel was clocked in the incorrect position to the front wheels. Went to undo the steering bolt and it snapped right in half! This happened to me before on my old yerf dog. Had to drill the entire bolt out, clean the splines, wd40 them and now have a nut and bolt threw the steering shaft instead.

5. Took the stock carb apart to see if it was salvageable, and it sure has seen its days. To me it wasn't worth saving for use, so I took the jets out and clean the jets out very well. Stock jetting is 38 pilot/112 main.

6. Took the stock manifold off, replaced it with a new one.

7. The buggy didn't come with any seatbelt, but I had a spare, so installed/ bolted in seat belt.

8. Looking over the rims and tires, tires still have plenty of tread and hold air, the wheels look toast I tried a little scrubbing on one wheel to see if I could remove the rust, they sure are going to be a project to clean up. Not sure what to do with them.

9. Looking over the mud flaps, they are all in pretty rough shape. I like how the rear fenders have a tab welded on top of the frame rather then a hole drilled threw the frame, but the fronts not really a fan of the flaps on the struts just not my cup of tea.

10. did a compression test engine still has good life which I was happy about.

11. The buggy came with a speedo, but when sitting in the buggy it was pointed in the downward position and you couldn't really read it, so a little bending of the tab and mounted the speedo back on and much better.

12. The throttle cable doesn't seem to be the correct size/ length, it has to much slack in it, and everything was held on by zip ties by the gas pedal and not mounted correctly. Might have a spare I have to check.

13. I see this buggy has the double row chain design, its really not necessary, and I tried pulling some more tension on the chains, and they sure do seem warn to me as there is a good amount of slack on them. I have new chains some where, I will most likely go with a single chain.

14. I knew the buggy didn't come with head lights, but it still has the little brackets intact so I can mount headlights on, I have a brand new set sitting in a box, that I was test fitting and looks like they will work nicely, just needed more time to mount and wire them up.

15. Removed the engine mount cross bar, and replaced with 2 bolts, one on each side, just gives a lot more room for carb area, and easier to take off the bolts for me at least.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 01-28-2017 at 02:42 PM.