View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 05:48 PM

ok worked on the buggy more today, this one really has me scratching my head. Before I started working on it today it would start, idle good, but wouldn't accelerate at all. Meaning if I tried giving it gas it would die. So went threw a ton of stuff. Valves where adjusted cold at TDC .003 intake, .004 exhaust. The entire cvt was toast. So new variator, new sliders, new clutch setup. Also installed new throttle cable. I went threw all the electric connections, everything was spray out and cleaned with electric cleaner. A ton of the connections where corroded. I also cleaned the main ground terminal. Went to the magneto side and cleaned out that entire area also as there was mud caked in there. So I put everything back together, turn the key, she cranks all day long, and cranks well but wont start now. I think the auto choke is my culprit, not 100 percent sure, but I do have a manual choke coming, was never a fan of the auto choke. I double checked compression, I have 170 psi on the compression test so I know that motor still has plenty of life. Yes I checked for spark, I have good spark. This one really has me scratching my head this time.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.