View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Depending on how the enrichment valve sticks if in the open position it should start and run when engine is cold but will produce a smokey exhaust as it warms up due to the too rich mixture. If it is in a closed position it will not want to run at idle but as it warms up it will run fine. Since it idles fine until you throttle it and then dies indicates to me a bad carb either by slide not rising as throttle is opened or too much fuel as throttle opens flooding it out.
I spent a ton of time on it today, going threw things and double checking things over. The electric choke was def giving me some kind of issue, because I cleaned the steel where the choke resistor was mounted for ground, then I also cleaned the power side of it, the power side wire like I stated was warn and fraying. Once I did that it would start, idle, but same thing give it throttle it will die. So starting looking over the fuel tank. I changed the petcock again to a manual setup that lets the fuel flow even better. When I did that I noticed the brand new fuel filter was clogged already, from the remains of the cleaning of the tank. This also was causing not enough fuel flow, I only saw this because I use 1/4 clear fuel line, highly recommend it. So once I finished that I once again took the carb apart cleaned the hell out of it, even though it wasn't dirty. With that the buggy finally runs, idles, and drives . After I finished that USPS came with my little package and my manual choke arrived, so took the carb off again, and installed the manual choke. Love the manual choke setup, I know now if I'm getting choke or not on a cold start. Drove around for about 15-20 minutes, let me say this buggy rides pretty nice, turns amazing, but is slow lol. I put 10 gram sliders in, with a new belt, new variator, new shorty clutch and bell the other day since I had that stuff sitting in the tool chest. After that pulled back in, changed the engine oil, 15w40 diesel oil, and changed the gear oil 80/90 lucas gear oil. Finished those 2 and went over the chain. Decided to get rid of the worn chain, and put a new one on. Switched to the single row and adjusted it accordingly. All in all I still have to figure out why the headlights aren't working, and still need to finish sanding the rack I made and paint it. If I decide to keep it I think it will get a new wiring job like I did to herbie.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.