View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Lite Contributor

Ok, I found out what the fev is and I thank you metal for letting me know about that. The new carb came with an fuel enrichment valve on it. Surely I would not have an old carb that had a defective fev and a new carb with the same right? Now when the fev is malfunctioning, does it have to be defective in itself? Or is it an issue from the wiring or information fed to it from the stator? Last question and a half. I am going to test it, but will the fev add the extra fuel if I disconnect it from the stator, and can I run or will it run with the fev removed. I'm getting into the "I don't keer wut er how it duz nothin, just as long as it gitzerdun" attitude. I have been let down plenty by this 4209. Every time I get excited about getting a part that I think will fix it, something else is wrong, or I find that the part I just wasted money on is not the issue that needed fixing. I have been fooling with this thing for three weeks now and have yet to be able to enjoy it.

And by the way guys, I just want you all to know how grateful I am for all of you taking time to read my post, diagnose issues, and giving me invaluable information that I would most certainly pull my hair out looking for myself. In a world where people no longer wave at people as they pass, or hold doors open for women without fear of being labled a chauvinist, and being all out for number one and to heck with one's neighbor, it does my heart good to know that there are still some really great people still in this world. God bless you all.