View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Contributor

Thumbs up new HF predator 212cc comments

i hate to admit it, but china finally seems to be turning out a tolerable product so far.
very clever dual inlet throttle connections so you can pull from side or behind (the side clamp allowed my stock yerf 3202 throttle cable to work perfectly after a little modding.
filled and bolted it on temporarily.
fired on first easy pull after rolling it through a few times to "prelube" it and make sure nothing sounded bad.
i let it idle with a blip every few minutes through the funnel's worth of fuel i put in (the tank's gotta come off and get moved to avoid playing bump-stop for the rear swingarm).
it was smooth as glass, amazingly quiet (like 20 plus dB less than the tecumseh) and didn't make a puff of smoke even on initial start.
tomorrow i'll hang the clutch (gotta slot the jackshaft engine plate holes first to comp for my stretched out belt) and see how it runs and pulls; will add more afterwards.
overall, so far, it gets an A.
as others have noted, the air cleaner assembly isn't set up to flow well due to a molded in restriction in the base, but some stupid easy work with a file will address that and i think once modified there'll be no gains from an unhoused k&n/adapter to be had while still otherwise stock.