Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
How are the engine bushings? If one or both are bad it will let the motor twist. They also make a solid poly bushing for the motor.

TOM
the bushing are in good shape I replace them periodically and keep a set in my stock. I would be very interested in those solid poly bushing if you got a source
The problem is... I switched to two two separate bolts to support the motor on the front hangers rather than the long through bolt. Doing this enables the use of a 30mm carb without having to go to a high rise intake to clear the bar. so i get a touch of rocking on the front. bracing the two front hanger helps but doesn't totally cure the problem I can blip the gas and observe the chain go slack on top as the motor does a slight twist. the rear hanger/chain adjuster is the culprit. It does nothing but hold up the rear with no lateral support. I'm not a big fan of those high rise intakes with the long runner. I prefer to keep the carb in the stock location and figure out a better motor support system.