Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Heavy Contributor

The weather sure was crappy around here this weekend but it did afford me some time to stay inside and get some stuff done.
Finally got the fittings I wanted to complete the junction so the brake lines to the rear calipers are hooked up
Made a rear brake light out of some aluminum square stock and some LEDs.
Installed a battery shut off. The switch kills the whole system at the battery to prevent drain . The lever is a removable key type so it can also serve as a theft deterrent or prevent unintentional starting. probably won't prevent theft but it will make them earn it.
Found a nifty aluminum case and mount to hold the trail tech. Fits perfect on the top of the steering bracket.
Got most all of the wiring done except for the CDI connections. I have twice the room of the stock box and it's crammed full! I still got to fab and wire a dash. Still thinking on that one. I know what I want but can't decide the best way to achieve it.
Made a shroud for the oil cooler. The cooler sets partialy blocked by my right shoulder so a shroud and a old computer fan should help. This fam moves enough air that you can feel it on the back side of the cooler so it should help' especialy at slow speeds when theres not much air moving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 202.jpg (93.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 197.jpg (88.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 201.jpg (89.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 199.jpg (86.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 195.jpg (93.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 193.jpg (91.2 KB, 58 views)