Thread: Roketa gk-13
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:01 AM
Lite Contributor

http://www.roketa.com/product/259/0/1946.shtml

Can't really tell if they show the carb vacuum lines in detail in any of the pictures. Usually there is a breather line that comes from the crankcase at the front of the engine which connects to a series of vacuum lines from the carb and go to the air filter box. I omitted the vacuum lines that go to the air filter box because they were sucking the oil out of my engine. I used a much longer vacuum line for the thinner hose that comes from the front of the engine and routed it as high as I could. It's like a breather hose. On top of the valve cover there is a larger pipe. I used a larger hose on that and installed a PCV valve which I also routed up as high as I could in the area around the radiator but neither hose actually touches the radiator. This eliminated my problems with the oil getting sucked out of the motor. There is also an overflow at the bottom of the carb which hangs free. There should also be another small port on your intake that goes to the carb and the emissions control section. If you end up with an open hose put a screw in it so you won't have a vacuum leak. Don't put a screw in the overflow hose at the bottom of the carb. If you choose to do this make sure you block off the vacuum lines coming from the air box. You can use screws if they screw in tightly.