View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker

No I am just saying when I hooked it up as you are saying (i did all this before i ever asked the first question) with the throttle plate open before cranking the engine. Once I crunk the go cart the throttle is stuck wide open as in the go kart wants to take off and go as fast as it can. That is the problem I am having. If I put the piece of wire in the throttle plate like you are saying and just like it was when I removed the carb, when I crank the go kart it is trying to take off and it is wide ass open. Thats why I think there is a problem somewhere else. I don't think I can explain it much clearer than that. There has to be something thats not quite right with the way the rest is assembled. I feel pretty darn sure I have the throttle plate attached to the governor arm correctly when I had it hooked up. There has to be a problem with the linkage prior to where it attaches to the governor arm underneath the carb. Once I crank the engine it has some serious balls and if you do not kill it or have the back wheels off the ground it will drag you butt across the yard. When I have it hooked up the throttle plate is all the way to the left, and the only way it can turn then is back to the right and once it turns as far as it can there it hits the adjustment screw.