View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Lurker

Default Front tire Rim advice (SSR turino 150)

Hi,

So my mechanic came by this past weekend to do work on my CVT belt because the motorcycle repair shop did not properly grease the pullies and my belt was catching. He did a great Job, reduced the catch and bikes belt drive felt way better after.

While he was inspecting my bike, he noticed that the front tire was bouncing a little due to the bearings being worn down.

Long story short, we replaced the bearings, but they were not holding in place on the rim, my friend recognized this as rim wear around the center core and said the bearings would only be a temporary fix till I get a new rim.

Three days later, today, I was riding my bike this morning and it felt very smooth for a little while, then all of a sudden it felt weird, as if I was hitting a bump every second and a half, even though I was not on the most bumpy street.

Can some of you please speculate as to what is going on (if the temporary fix is already messing up) and if it is safe to continue riding?

The reason I am posing the question is that I am going broke on this bike. I just paid 300$ to have the CVT belt replaced, another 80$ to have my friend properly grease it and replace the front wheel bearings and a few hundred miles before that, paid 150$ to have the wheels replaced. Not to mention I paid 150$ to have the rear shocks changed 3 weeks ago.

The primary problem is that it is currently my only way of getting around. So I would like some answers as to what is happening. Please feel free to speculate, and also if there are any other temp fixes till I can gather the cash to buy a new front rim.

Thank you.