View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 08:41 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
300 to change the belt??? Holy cow. Not sure what kind of bike you have. Maybe something special?. But sounds damn pricey to me. Belt cost $50 so 250 in labor? Just don't see how that justifiable. 1hr at most. Unless again something special?
Wheel? Ebay? Craiglist? Not sure what to say. But sounds like no easy fix, but to replace.
Yea well, the belt cost was about 35$ I think, and they charged me for the pullies as well, Plus a 75$ towing fee since my belt broke in the middle of the street. Not sure how much the pulles cost but the labor charges for this place are 100$ an hour.

It is a motorcycle repair place, not specializing in scooters. They didn't even grease the pully system correctly.

Um, I will probably be spending money next week or the following week to replace the actual rim on the tire.

Any opinion on riding it till then? It has new bearings, but the outer circle of the rim is worn on one side, so the bearing on that side doesn't catch with the rim and sometimes moves independently of it.

BTW my bike type is in the title.