View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

The bad bearing has beat out the rim center, no other fix but a new rim. The one thing I will suggest is that you totally go through that scooter. It sounds as if there has been little to no maintenance. Driving daily causes things to wear out and that's the reason especially if you bought used. I would pull the rear wheel to check and replace or clean and grease the bearings, check your brakes, front should be disc and rear drum, check the master cyl for fluid and change out if dark or find and fix leak if low but after making sure your front pads are good since fluid will drop as the pad wears, engine oil change if necessary and make sure to check the final drive oil, any oil leaks should be found and repaired. Without regular maintenance problems like your drive belt will only lead to more expensive options like what you had experienced. With proper maintenance the belt would have been inspected and replaced for $35.00 and 1 hour labor. Other than pulling the panels which can be a pain these are easy to learn about and repair yourself. I would not put my life at risk by driving it until the wheel is replaced. If you have any questions on repairing your scooter this is the place to ask.