View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

After 2 weeks of building-here's some shots of the chassis so far.I got to have a full day on the buggy today (slow moving though as it was cold!!), I tackled the exhaust and coolant distrubution. These 2 items became priority since routing the shifter,gas and brake cables/linkage to the engine need adequate space.The headers that come on the motor were 4 into 1 which is fine except that it was down swept and ended up under my swingarm (something that may snag on rough terrain) so I butchered the pipes and re-routed them above the swingarm and created dual exhaust for the stock Harley pipes I have.(it may not sound pretty but it's what I have) The coolant system was located on the top of the engine which isn't where I need it. When I decided to put the radiator up front for maximum air flow and so I could SEE if there's an overheating issue instead of feeling or smelling it when it's mounted behind you and above the motor.I fabricated the water inlets to enter from the bottom. NOTE- I will spend hours brainstorming how I can service it easily. The shape and size of the rearend roll cage was derived for engine removal since it weighs 100lbs (it will lift straight up and out). With these 2 items incomplete there won't be much to see- unless some of you would like pic's of that work. Since this build has "NO" budget I have to figure out how to use the existing parts in a different configuration in lieu of running to the supply/auto parts store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy 017.jpg (60.4 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy 020.jpg (65.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy 005.jpg (63.8 KB, 144 views)