View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Up-date after a month and a half. It's been so cold and my man-cave isn't heated so progress has been very SLOW! Also if I'd leave well-enough-alone I might make more progress.I've re-visited/re-fabbed the front-end 5 times,I think I got it the way I want it now.It's back to left hand drive too!Got all the pedals and shifters complete.Still have the brake lines and rear caliper bracket to fab/install.I was going to use a starter with a flywheel to get reverse but couldn't scrounge enough parts so I just used the Polaris 325 tranny.I don't have any machine tooling so converting the driven unit to gear drive took some time to get it right.I cut the driven pulleys off the shaft and cut the center out of a GY6 13t drive gear-then welded together.The tranny install made me scratch my head trying to figure out how to make the chains adjustable for the engine sprocket and the axle sprocket(up/down &forward/backwards)and be well supported/servicable.I made 4 different brackets before I got what I THINK is going to be durable.Now I've got to figure out what axle sprocket gearing to use now that it's 8:1 ratio with the 2nd tranny-I'm not smart enough to figure it out with all the variables involved now.I can provide all the info if anyone wants or knows how to calculate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.JPG (86.9 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg After.JPG (88.7 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy build 002.jpg (52.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy build 006.jpg (62.4 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy build 008.jpg (65.7 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy build 012.jpg (50.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 600cc buggy build 016.jpg (60.6 KB, 157 views)