View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
300cpilot- That's funny stuff!!! My neighbors just come over to get me to fix everything!!!! Many of my neighbors are aging and not able to do the simple tasks we take for granted - so since I'm still healthy and active I end up working a lot harder than I would choose too on their stuff. They never complain about my buggies/Loud ass Harley but sent their kid's over to play even when my kid's aren't home!!!!

x-bird- what do think of the swing arm/IRS I made for this?

As far as this buggy goes, way beyond my abilities with what equipment I have, and everything looks well thought out enough. I'd need to find a place to run a beast like this. the engine trans configuration with the sprocket up high and the mass still relatively low is what I like. for me, i'm trying to stick with simplicity as much as possibly. just landing the brackets in the correct place and square relative to the arc of travel is difficult enough for me on a simple hinge setup, going two plane like you have, i'd be a mess. I think you'll have a harder time figuring out damping and rebound rate setups for the mono and two rear shock than you have putting it all together. that's the fun part though, gotta thrash it to figure out what's going on and which way to adjust BTW, what type of halfshafts/ spline count are those?