View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a vid of the first start and tranny test. I zip tied the motorcycle harness to the frame to be able to see if she'd still run after 33 years of rotting under a tarp. I just cleaned the worst looking carbs I've ever seen!!Goo an 1" thick in the bowl & floats and couldn't even see the bottom of the jets. Amazingly- It fired right up,but something is still nasty in the carbs(an overnight soak needed).The tranny works as planned,I still have the upper mounts to install on the tranny & engine yet to fab using the top of the swingarm for support. The tranny has a slight movement due to the mount not being there. The sound of the chains is very good-no binding and smooth. After watching the tire rotation I'm going to be dropping down a few teeth!!!Since I needed the choke to be 1/2 open for it to run and no mufflers you're hearing about 1/2 throttle speed. Now comes the part I dislike the most- locating all the electrical components and thinning out the wiring harness. It's making progress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KOnOX4b7w