View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Okay so I got my new/used stator & flywheel today from an '81 Honda 400 (not a free motor anymore=$170.)- I couldn't afford the up-graded CDI that matches the flywheel/stator set that CDImagican makes this week. I had to try to see if it would start and it did The up-graded CDI will make the system last and have a stronger spark when I get it. It's been raining so I bribed the wife into video-ing a quick run up the street since going on the track would be TOO NASTY! of course if I broke down it would have to sit there till it dried up a bit to tow it back. After installing the carb kits I still have one dripping from the over flow Has to be a bad seat, So some research on different carbs is next after a CDI.My guess is that it does about 40mph right now, that isn't unacceptable since the kid's can drive this too. I don't have another #520 sprocket any higher than the 38t that's on it- I need to verify that it climbs well with this gear. Bummer the swingarm/IRS combo doesn't allow for much of a donut!!! Testing to continue and up-grades as money allows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPHUu...&feature=feedu

Last edited by metalstudman1; 11-22-2011 at 11:35 AM.