View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all ended up full and lazy!!!
The wife & I had the great fortune to be home alone (never happens) and after some inside fun we headed out to the still muddy trails for some hubby/wife competition The Frankenbuggy out runs her in the trails , she doesn't drive like me so taking advantage when it counts put's me in front slinging mud on her!!!
Spent 5 hrs. out playing with no failures had to top off her gas tank but mine (5 gal.) is still 1/2 full. I won't be changing the axle sprocket very much : from a 38t to a 36t. After running hard I found on one of our 1,000' hill runs I need to drop down into 1st to make the last 40' ft. with any real speed (same as the Black Yerfdog). This motor (though gutless) comes alive at about 5,000-8,000 rpm where the Yerfdog has it's best torque @ 2,500-5,000, so I have to keep it rev-ed to pass the Yerfdog. Tomorrow is going to be dry again so more play is scheduled
We paced a friends Harley at 42-44mph so it's going to only have a top speed after the sprocket change of about 48mph- oh-well!