View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Contributor

Thanks Charles,

My name is Charles as well.

I was thinking before an a12 cam as well. It will be interesting to see how much it changes over stock. Do you know what is the typical stock cam in a buggy?

it will be interesting to see the difference. Is it difficult to change with the timing and all?

I had the 12g sliders but blew them up when my belt was destroyed after a big climb. However, it did seem much better at climbing than 12g rollers. Should have put 10g rollers I think if was going to do rollers.

My belt (Kevlar) did seem tight. Seemed to work properly but not go up the ramps all the way.

When using sliders, is it ok to use them with lets say a Koso variator or does it need to be Dr. Pulley?

I am building another engine that has NCY 61mm (need boring) ceramic coated and 60mm ncy heads. Will be interesting to see how much it gains.

Considering with that build a 2.5 or 3mm stroke as well.

Charles

Guang Max 150
All stock but to be like Buggy 1 with all koso cvt.

Roketa 150
Complete tear down building port/polished 61mm NCY head, 62mm cylinder, A12 Cam, 28mm carb, straight through exhaust, 8 pole stator, possibly 2.5 stroker, painting frame, adding plastic including doors and rzr seats.