View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Lite Contributor

Not knowledgeable about the difference in variators, but so long as the weights are the right size, they'll fit and they're not brand specific.

I don't have links available, but there are a few very detailed links on the web showing the difference in the A8-A14 cams and the stock, to include their lift, duration and power over their RPM range. You'll see where the A13 specifically has some guts at low RPM but is 1-2 HP less at higher RPMs than some others, owing to why my buggy won't keep pulling. It doesn't have the power to pull for high speed. I may try an A12 one of these days... I've only been running the A13 for a couple months.

Plenty of vids for the change. Honestly, for me it took me longer to pop my seat loose for more room to work and take the plastic covers off the motor than do everything regarding taking the valve cover off, loosening the bolts on the rocker, loosening the tensioner and swapping the cam. YouTube has a few very good videos. Just check your timing and as an idiot check, I always bar an engine over to make sure valves/pistons aren't hitting. You can turn these just from turning the engine fan easily enough. Do it cold so your valve lash is set perfectly on the way out.