View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Power User

thanks jet .... I just cut them out of 1.5 x 3 x 1/4 6061 C-channel. got about 10 foot of it that has been hanging around for years without a purpose. I made the hinges, but 1/2 of a heavy duty door or gate hinge would work fine too. I'm gonna call this a "pedal box" yerf Got my removable set of pedals for my daughter finished, 2 bolts and 2 washers & nuts. I was worried about the threaded rod extension skewering me, but it's in a "safe" area --i'll likely wrap it with some electrical tape just to be on the safe side. Takes less than two minutes to install and remove.

BTW--got my hubs and spindles yesterday They're from an EZ-GO cart. Already chopped up the spindles, tacked, test fitted and awaiting a quick ride before i zip it all up. Working on setting up the steering today, had to modify my shock mounts. These arms are generating huge leverage force compared to stock, I need much stiffer shock springs. Most of the shock travel is getting eaten up just at resting state. Also need to make some arm limiters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sarm35.jpg (32.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg sarm36.jpg (15.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg sarm37.jpg (35.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg sarm38.jpg (33.8 KB, 34 views)