View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Making a little progress! Here's pic's of the motor mount before paint.It may not make much sense to you untill it's installed.It also leaves the golf cart differential un-modified & the engine pulls straight up for removal. I'm using the stock rubber mounts since I know these motors vibrate A LOT. I'm hoping that with the mount I made that has 3 rubber mounts will support the motor solid enough as it has an upper mount that I don't want to deal with. The bracket is adjustable for fine tuning belt alignment if needed. The next set of pic's are the mock-up motor installed on the bracket.
I did a You Tube search to see how others had mounted their Polaris motors and found no video's using the golf cart rear end-I checked a few other forums and still nothing.There are lots of Polaris motors & sled engines but they changed out the rear ends for a go kart style axle or used the ATV axle. I can't be the first to do this, by simply turning the rear end around & switching the brake plates-TOO EASY!! If you've seen or heard about someone else doing this type of swap I'd love to compare notes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (8).jpg (33.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (11).jpg (37.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 003 (7).jpg (43.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 005 (4).jpg (45.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 006 (3).jpg (40.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (49.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (46.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (46.7 KB, 10 views)