View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Look-up CKAU's posts- he has pics of his 3rd bearing in the center of the swing arm. The axles issue is that the steel it's made from doesn't allow much flexing and it snaps the axle at the transition to threads.I tried 2 of the HD axles from buggy depot and didn't break one but they bent pretty easy. I ended up using a 1-1/4" hex axle with great success from my parted out Jehm BX125. It ended up being 9" wider and super stout with just the 2 stock bearing locations. If relocating your stock brake caliper due to flipping the axle pay attention to getting the bleeder on top. I can't remember what the stock caliper looks like as I changed ours out years ago for a motorcycle caliper. Your idea of long travel is going to be comfort and a longer turning radius, these stock have about the worst turning radius out there!!! I found after a couple of years of pounding the swing arm connection wore out.(I think I posted pics on one of my Yerfdog threads) I don't believe your engine is going to do any unatural wear on the chassis.