Thread: FMF muffler
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Contributor

Another problem that we face on the buggies is the short header / midpipe section. The length and bends in the pipe itself helps to quiet down the exhaust note. In many case we are running little straight pipes like a Top Fueler. Then we stick a muffler on the end and expect it to be quite. I can tell you from experience, that our buggies are going to run louder, then the comparable dirt bike since we are running shorter pipes. I am running the exact same muffler on my HH as I am running on my son's hopped up dirt bike. There is no comparison between the noise outputs. On the HH the noise gets very old quick, if you do not have a helmet on, but on the dirt bike you could ride it all day without a helmet and your ears wouldn't pay the price. The best way to go is to get the mufflers quite insert, then have the end cap shoot the exhaust towards the ground

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.