View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

[QUOTE=toomanytoys2;33494 it just seems like there are better quality buggys to start with. Or is it just the shear joy of taking a backyard buggy and turning it into something serious?[/QUOTE]

I had wanted to build something along these lines since quads and 4-wheelers first came upon the scene. A cross between a quad and a go-cart.
The first time I ever laid eyes on a yerf, two things immediately popped in my mind.. Hey! That's' what I envisioned and ... Shortcut! Here's a unit already working I can fiddle with. A huge part of the work has already been done!
I bought it on the spot. paid like 1,300 and some change for a new yerf. That's a cheap price to pay for a working/ rolling chassis. There were other buggys out there but the main reason I and most others were and still are, drawn to these types is the price. Two thirds less than any quad or 4-wheeler. These buggy allows most of us folks with not so deep pockets the ability to purchase a toy the whole family can use. There are other more quality buggys out there but the initial investment escalates dramatically.