View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well I got everything associated with the motor completed! went to fire it up & NOTHING. As I tried to fire it up I notice smoke coming from the crankcase vent, it scared me because if for some reason fuel had bled into the oil I could have a BOMB!!!!When it acted like it wanted to fire up but didn't I started checking for spark,fuel & then compression. Very little compression (about 90 psi in cylinder #1 and nothing in cylinder #2.Thought maybe the rings cracked from sitting so many years. Tore it down to find out why-now I know why it never got picked up from the pawn shop. A huge hole in the piston (cylinder #2)These motors don't have a rev limiter- I bet when the person dumped it they held the throttle wide open for a while & it melted the piston and quit running-so pawn it & get whatever you can out of a new (171mi) bike. Got parts ordered to see if I can get it running again. The one motor I bought that I shouldn't had any issues with!!!! It's still a new motor.Parts are CHEAP!!!If all else fails I have a Kawasaki EN450 bike w/15,000 miles on it I can use- it has 50hp versus the EX250 w/33 - 45hp (depending on where you look) that's still double the CFMoto 250 motor that came in it (I sold it for $250) The buggy's cost is now at about $700. If it runs it'll still be a very cheap Hammerhead GTS.