View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Lurker

Default Auto air shocks on my new GKM-3!

So I was digging through my parts this weekend and came across a pair of old air shocks that I purchased for a buggy I built about 5 years ago but went a different shock route. I am very pleased with this buggy so far and have done some basic mods as in k&n filter, straight pipe exhaust, jetting and porting the carb intake. The stock suspension on the front is pretty plush, but the back left me wanting a little better ride. I am 220lbs. I decided to mount these on the rear of the gkm-3 and see what happened. Well, Im glad I did!!! HUGE improvement over the stock rear ones. I am running 80lbs in them with just me in it and the ride is awesome and I tried bottoming it out today jumping terraces in our cornfield getting 2-3 foot air and could not do it. With the wife in it with me, I bumped the air up to 90lbs and it was perfect. Shes 135lbs. If I remember right , I think these were for a chevy camaro and I got them at O'Reilly's. They werent that expensive, I think around 75.00 if my memory serves me correct. These may not work for all buggies and applications, but on these GKM-3, they are worth looking into guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy1.jpg (65.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg buggy4.jpg (67.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg buggy3.jpg (55.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg buggy5.jpg (77.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg buggy 2.jpg (60.7 KB, 20 views)